Security Pack is a product of SNMP Research, a company that specializes in solutions
for Internet and network security applications.
Distributed SNMP Security Pack (DSSP) adds SNMPv3 support to managers that
natively support only SNMPv1 and SNMPv2c. Other components of DSSP provide
GUI-based configuration of SNMPv3 security and the tunnelling of SNMP
and ICMP inside encrypted TCP through network firewalls.
(c) SNMP Research International, Inc
DSSP provides these important benefits:
- Allows SNMPv1 and SNMPv2c managers to use authenticated and encrypted
communications with SNMPv3 agents (with a plug-in).
- Provides a GUI-based configuration of the complete SNMPv3 security
framework on SNMP agents, including authentication, authorization,
access control, privacy, and notifications.
- Supports SNMPv1, SNMPv2c, and SNMPv3 simultaneously and transparently.
- Allows tunnelling of SNMP and ICMP inside encrypted TCP through network
firewalls with the optional DSSP Remote Forwarder.
- Uses OpenSSL to create a secure connection between the DSSP Remote
Forwarder and the DSSP Server.
- DSSP supports two local configuration data stores (LCDs), one of
which is used by the BRASS server and the other by the EMANATE
Master Agent. The LCDs provide access control table parameters, as well as
parameters for configuring trap destinations.